The Actuarial Society of Kenya was founded in 1993, and officially launched in 2005. It brings together qualified and trainee actuaries in professional, educational and research organisations with an aim of promoting the actuarial profession in Kenya, and the regional markets. Our vision is “To position the Actuarial Profession in Kenya and the region as the leading profession in the areas of modeling and management of financial risks and contingent events”.
What benefits do you get as a member of TASK?
- Recognition: Membership to TASK enables one to be recognised by employers and regulators as a professional.
- Networking: TASK offers great opportunities for networking with peer groups and like-minded individuals, locally and globally, leading to more personal growth in the profession. This is through forums such as conventions, industry talks, end year parties and working party meetings.
- Career development: TASK has various working parties that enable members to discuss industry issues within the profession. This gives one an opportunity to learn, develop and reflect on the topics discussed.
- Regulations: As a profession body, we work with regulators to ensure confidence of the public and with the International Actuarial Association (IAA) which monitors our standards.
- Other resources: Through membership, individuals are able to attend premium events at reduced rates, get free access to newsletters and magazines.
BECOME A MEMBER ?
We aim to position the Actuarial Profession in Kenya and the region as the leading profession in the areas of modeling and management of financial risks and contingent events