Below are some of the objectives of The Actuarial Society of Kenya:
- To develop and uphold the highest professional standards and guidance for its members in relation to the practice of the actuarial profession and secure for them such professional standing as may assist them in the discharge of their duties.
- To promote knowledge and research in all matters relevant to actuarial science and its application in Kenya and in the East and Central African region.
- To promote and improve the education of present and future financial consumers and raise public interest issues.
The TASK Education Working Party held a webinar on 23rd July 2020 that brought together Actuarial Science students on what it takes to become an actuary. The panel consisted of:
- Moses Mutuli, General Manager, Life Insurance (EA), Sanlam and TASK President
- Mukami Njeru, Senior Actuary L&H East Africa, Swiss Re and TASK Vice President
- Prof Patrick Weke, Professor of Actuarial Science at University of Nairobi
- Rebecca Kariru-Muriuki, Actuarial and Insurance Solutions Leader, Deloitte Financial Institutions Services and TASK Education Working Party Lead
- Wangeci Mathenge, Product Development Actuary, Inclusivity Solutions (Moderator)
- Grace Munyiri, Student Actuary and administrator, TASK