CALL FOR PAPERS
The Call for Papers for TASK’s 2020 Annual Actuarial Convention from 09 to 13 November, is now open.
The deadline for submitting a proposal is 25 September 2020. Guidance and conference topics are outlined in detail below.
Navigating the Crisis – The New Normal
“Actuary, this is our time. Network and form new connections with people from other professions. Educate yourself about the nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, and learn new models and techniques. Think across disciplines and ask yourself how your knowledge can support others’ work.” ― Robert Eaton, FSA, MAAA, Principal Milliman Inc. in Tampa, Florida.
In these times of Covid-19, the society needs factual research and analysis to holistically interpret its impact. And who is better suited to model these scenarios than actuaries?
From sharing our resources, to advising governments and institutions on how best to handle the pandemic, actuaries remain the best reliable hope and chattels of research, information, and analysis.
As the world gets grip on the Covid-19 pandemic, actuaries are expected to become an indispensable cog whose works will remain crucial, even in future catastrophes. It is then imperative that an actuary must remain reliable, authoritative, and adaptable in a continuously disruptive society.
Topics & Types of Work:
- The post-Covid 19 Actuary
- The 4th industrial revolution
- Data Actuary
- The new actuary in the new normal
- Risk-based capital
We Invite Submissions Of:
- Future-oriented thought pieces arising out of current research
- Research papers presenting theoretical solutions, with a clear illustration on how these solutions can be applied
- Positions and opinions on some aspect of practice
- Work-in-progress initiatives or pilot descriptions, sufficiently mature to warrant attention
- Experiences and case studies specifying requirements, challenges, or opportunities
- Best practices